I wasn't sure where to start today as I woke up at seven and shuffled down to the art room with coffee. I figured I should print and read all of the guidelines and goals to get a feel for what I should work on. I read through them made marks here and there and realized while I was reading my goal about learning through art that I should refer back to my waldorf education and interview a teacher. It seemed so glaringly obvious after I thought of it, Steiner believed art was a major part of education, and my goal is to learn why art and how art affects learning.
I then decided to let the creative juices take the lead and just started coloring. Anything and everything imaginative I could think of, dragons, gnomes, nymphs, chipmunks, mushroom house, anything that pleased me.
After a couple hours I realized I needed to talk to Danny and Duncan about what I would be working with, so I did a little sight visit and they pointed out the basic structure, and told me I would have 3 whole pieces of ply wood to paint on.
Then I brainstormed with Robin, and we thought about making a human character move through adventures on the wall, meet dressed chipmunks etcetera, to create a hero for the children to look up to and create stories about.
The only issue I came up with so far was whether to paint inside the tree house or outside and Robin quickly helped me to decide to paint inside because the leaves and branches would block the painting and it would already be impressive from the outside without paintings.
What a great day!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment